avoid these 6 food additives:
- Acesulfame K: Artificial sweetener found in baked goods, chewing gum, gelatin desserts, diet soda.
- Artificial colorings: Blue 1 and 2, Green 3, Red 3, and Yellow 6 found in beverages, candy, baked goods.
- Aspartame: Artificial sweetener found in frozen desserts, diet soda, tabletop sweetener (Equal and NutraSweet).
- BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole): Antioxidant found in cereals, chewing gum, vegetable oil, potato chips.
- MSG (monosodium glutamate): Flavor enhancer found in many processed foods and fast food restaurants.
- Trans fats (partially hydrogenated vegetable oil): Fat, oil, shortening found in stick margarine, crackers, fried restaurant foods, baked goods, icing, microwave popcorn.